Use of This Website and Privacy
1st August 2020:
What personal information is collected and where it is kept
I only collect your first name (optional) and email address when you opt into my email list. This data is held in Mailchimp and is password protected. I am not using your information in any other way. I will not sell or pass your details on.
As you browse the site, your IP address and information regarding your location and pages accessed may be collected. This data is collected and stored in Google Analytics. I personally do not administer any of this, but this website and blog is hosted by WordPress which does use these technologies. This information does not allow me to identify you directly but is aggregated, allowing me to analyse my web traffic and gives me an insight into my site visitors.
If you submit an enquiry through the contact form I will collect your name (optional), email address, and the message you include. This information is held in WordPress and my email account, both of which are password protected.
Other ways data could be collected
- when you email me directly
- subscribe to my newsletter
- comment on my blog posts
I will only use your personal data when legally permitted.
- I may periodically send promotional emails about a new book, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting me directly through the contact page or unsubscribing through the newsletters you receive from me. If you use the unsubscribe button this will automatically remove you from my mailing list on Mailchimp and you will receive no further communications.
How long I keep this information
If you have subscribed to my mailing list your information will be kept until you notify me otherwise; you have the right to be forgotten so contact me if you would like your data to be destroyed.
Sharing your data
Under no circumstances is your data ever sold or rented to a third party.
- Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. In certain situations, I may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests to meet legal obligations.
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my site, I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
If you don’t wish to have cookies stored on your device you can change your settings on most Internet browsers so that you will be warned each time a cookie is being sent, or so that cookies will be turned off. With cookies blocked, some functions of the site may not operate properly.
Gaining access to your data
You have the right to request a copy of the information I hold about you. If you would like a copy of the personal information I hold, please contact me. You also have the right to be forgotten, so you can contact me to request the data I hold be destroyed.